Welcome to USA!
The United States of America which are commonly called the United States, the U.S., the USA, America, and the States is a federal constitutional republic which comprises fifty amazing states and a federal district. The country is situated mostly in central North America, where forty eight states and also the Washington D.C. which is the capital district lie between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. At the north the country has borders with Canada and with Mexico to the south. The state of Alaska is situated in the northwest area of the continent, with Canada to the east and Russia to the west across the Bering Strait. The state of Hawaii is an outstanding archipelago in the mid-Pacific. The country also holds some territories in the Pacific and Caribbean.
At 3.79 million square miles and with over 312 million people, the United States is the third or fourth largest country by total area and the third-largest by both land area and population, being about half the size of Russia and about the same size as China. The United States represent one of the world's most multicultural and ethnically diverse nation because of the large scape immigration from many other countries from all over the world. America has the world's largest national economy having a capitalist mixed economy which is gained from the abundant natural resources, a great-developed infrastructure and increased productivity.
This amazing country plays an important role in the world's cultural landscape being famous for its various and multiple popular tourist destinations, ranging from the skyscrapers of Chicago or Manhattan, to the natural places and miracles of Yellowstone and Alaska, to the sunny and cozy beaches of Hawaii, and Florida.
The automobiles dominate the personal transportation, running on a network of 13 million roads including one of the world's longest highway systems. The world's second largest automobile market is also here so you will discover in USA that about 40% of personal vehicles are vans, SUVs or light trucks. It was calculated that the average American adult spends 55 minutes driving every day, traveling 29 miles. In the last years, the rail development has increased, but it is below the European leavels and also the usage of bicycles is low. Speaking of the civil airline industry, the most major airports are public property while the industry is privately owned. The Delta Air Lines is the first of the three US largest airlines in the world by passengers carried. The busiest passenger airport from USA is called the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
The United States of America is composed of 50 states and also of the city of Washington D.C. - the nation's capital:
- New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont) is home to amazing churches, rustic antiques providing with sandy beaches, tasty seafood, rugged mountains, frequent winter snows, and a few of the nation's oldest cities.
- Mid-Atlantic (Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania) is the place where you will fiind the nation’s most populated cities, rolling mountains, historical sites and amazing sea-resorts from Long Island to Jersey Shore.
- South (Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia) is the best place for finding very hospital people, best music (blues, jazz, rock 'n' roll) and also country music traditions.
- Florida – the northern Florida is the same with the South area but it provides with resorts of Orlando, sandy warm beaches, tropical Caribbean and quiet communities.
- Midwest (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin) is the homy place for the land of farms, historical and picturesque towns but also cities well industrialized, many forests and also the Great Lakes composing the North Coast of the U.S.A.
- Texas is the second biggest state from here and is known as being a separate country which in fact once was, being strong influenced by its past Spanish and Mexican roots.
- Great Plains (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma) – the place where you will fiind flat states, High Plains, forests and steppes.
- Rocky Mountains (Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming) – well known for the spectacular Rockies that offer great routes for hiking, rafting and skiing, but also deserts and big cities.
- Southwest (Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah) also an area influenced by its Mexican and Spanish roots so that you can find here the communities that respect their flourishing artistic traditions. Even this place is mostly empty because of the massive regions of desert, it still provides with some of the largest cities of this nation.
- California very influenced by the culture of the Spanish and Mexican people. It provides with deserts, mountains full of snow, amazing forests and also calm beaches. The Northern and Southern California are culturally distinct.
- Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon) this area has to offer some of the most interesting and also cosmopolitan cities, with a diversified landscape, from coastlines and deserts to rainy forests and imposing mountains.
- Alaska is the place with wild landscapes, mountains that reach into the Arctic.
- Hawaii is situated in the tropical Pacific at about 2.300 miles south west of California and represents the perfect paradise for your holidays.
Kadmat Beach Resort (%0484-4011134; from €185 per person; a) has 28 modern cottages, administered by Mint Valley and can be reached by overnight boa...
The village located on this 2.7-sq-km island has several mosques, which you can visit if dressed modestly. There’s no alcohol on the island. Agat...
Comprising a string of 36 palm-covered, white sand-skirted coral islands 300km off the coast of Kerala, Lakshadweep is as stunning as it is isolated. ...
Under the Kolathiri rajas, Kannur was a major port bristling with international trade – explorer Marco Polo christened it a ‘great emporium of spi...
Ask any Keralan what the prettiest part of their state is and most will whisper: Wayanad. Encompassing part of a remote forest reserve that spills int...